Gather a board meeting with the team at the end of the first week of remote work – discuss how the new work format affected the team and individual effectiveness, let colleagues share their practices and tips, outline specific steps for improvement.
How to Improve Board Management Meeting Preparation?
The board management meeting affects team members in different ways: some of them will need additional support, which the manager can provide both independently and by facilitating mutual support of employees:
- Analyze which of your colleagues the transition will be the most painful: employees who have experienced difficulties with a remote work format before; beginners; employees with lower levels of digital literacy; employees with a more pronounced need for communication. Ensure that the employee is provided with the necessary assistance, including from more technologically advanced colleagues;
- Ask a colleague: “What can I do to make this transition easier for you?” “Do you have what you need to work remotely?” “What resources can I provide you?” Periodically assess the level of stress and the level of employee engagement, give special attention to those with problems Share positive news to employees;
- If there is a new employee on the team just before moving to remote work, make sure they have all the information they need to get the job done. Assign the employee a mentor from among more experienced peers.
A board management meeting preparation’s development is easier to implement since it does not require careful formalization of business processes. Here, based on the goals of the organization as a whole, in accordance with its structure and functions assigned to departments, preparations are developed, then, based on them and job responsibilities.
Your Management Software for Board Meeting Preparation
For many boards of directors, software evaluation, whether it is done by an external organization or by structures within the company, is an important tool for ensuring high performance. Board management software is often used to identify weaknesses in the skills of board members. This valuable information can be used by the HR committee when considering the appointment of a new director, or it can serve as an indicator of the need to change the composition of the committee, change the chairman, or adjust the way the board of directors and its committees interact. More countries are expected to apply the board performance assessment processes over time, especially those outside the Anglo-American tradition.
In accordance with the board management software, strategy, and goals of the organization, all business processes are fully described, directions for their optimization are proposed and the goals of each business process are formulated. They are formulated in general terms as goals-intentions without reference to certain indicators, terms, and standards. Next, the board meeting software is developed for each goal.
Gather a board meeting with the team at the end of the first week of remote work – discuss how the new work format affected the team and individual effectiveness, let colleagues share their practices and tips, outline specific steps for improvement:
- Track your mental health, try to stay rational and positive;
- Remember that your behavior is a role model and will propagate within the team;
- Analyze which projects you could refuse in order to allocate additional time to adapt yourself and your team to the new work format;
- Think about which of the team members could take on some of your responsibilities, how you can rotate leadership responsibilities between employees, which will allow them to be involved and increase the level of responsibility for the team’s result.